Date syrup, a thick, caramel-colored sweetener made from dates, can now be found in many places, including many chefs using it as a seasoning. how to make date syrup? What are the benefits of date syrup?
Date Syrup Making Process
Date Syrup Daily Practice
- To cut dates: Lightly coat the blades of kitchen scissors with oil. “Chop” the dates with scissors.
- Simmer the dates: Put the dates and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool mixture: Remove from heat and cool for 30 minutes.
- Puree mixture: Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor fitted with the blade attachment and blend until very smooth, at least 1 minute.
- Strain the mixture: Line a fine mesh strainer with two layers of cheesecloth. Pour in the jujube puree. Once all the pulp is in the strainer, pull the sides of the cheesecloth together and twist to squeeze out as much syrup as possible.
- Reduce the date syrup: Taste your date syrup and determine if it’s sweet enough for you. To thicken, return syrup to medium saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and cool before storing.
How To Make Date Syrup Factory
First, use a date cleaning machine to clean the dates to remove impurities on the surface of the dates, then pass the dates through the steam channel to ensure that the dates are sterilized, then wet them with steam, then remove the outer skin of the dates, and then The resulting paste is pumped through a special pump to a double-wall sugar extraction tank, where water is automatically added to the tank, mixed and homogenized to ensure the homogeneity of the resulting sugar juice, which is then produced The liquid is passed through a plate and frame filter press to filter the liquid from the sediment and tissue, and the resulting liquid is transferred to a collection tank in preparation for condensation.
Date Syrup Benefits
- Date syrup is rich in vitamins and minerals: Dates contain a variety of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, potassium, zinc, calcium, and iron, as well as vitamins C, B6, and A. Most of this remains in the syrup, making it one of the most nutritious sweeteners you can use.
- Rich in antioxidants: protects our cells and prevents chronic diseases.
- Calorie Supplement: Due to the high-calorie and nutrient-rich nature of dates, they provide a lot of energy while maintaining a low GI due to their high fiber content.
- Supplement fiber: The high-fiber nature of dates can help slow digestion and prevent blood sugar spikes, while also benefiting gut health.